PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Maré Lawyers Pty Ltd T/A Workwise Advisory Services, ABN 18 621 270 219, (‘Workwise’) recognises an individual’s right to privacy and understands that protection and confidentiality of personal information is important.
Your privacy is important to Workwise. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that Workwise collects, and the ways in which Workwise uses that personal information.
Workwise is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”) and the Australian Privacy Principles, this Act governs how organisations must handle personal information.
Workwise will ensure that individuals are advised of Workwise’s identity whenever personal information is collected.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
‘Personal Information’ is defined as information or an opinion relating to an individual which is reasonably identifiable, whether the information is true or not; and whether the information is recorded in a material form or not.
Personal information held by us may include your name, address and occupation, your telephone or mobile phone numbers and email address.
Financial information such as credit card number and expiry date will be handled by our payment provider Stripe.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that we and our related bodies can promote and market services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages). This is to keep you informed of products, services and special offers and may continue after you cease acquiring services from us. If you do not wish us or our related bodies to contact you to promote and market products, services and special offers to you please advise us in writing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Workwise will make available to an individual, on receipt of a formal request, personal information collected from that individual. Workwise reserves the right to refuse a request to access personal information, where the identity of the individual making the request is in doubt, or where legal professional privilege exists or where Workwise’ rights may be prejudiced.
Workwise will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the personal information it has collected from an individual remains correct and accurate.
Workwise takes reasonable steps to protect personal information held from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Workwise may rely on some of the exemptions permitted under the Privacy Act.
WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
In order to deliver the services you require, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Workwise. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to us providing our services to you.
These organisations carry out our:
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- marketing services;
- market research; and
- website usage analysis.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our related companies;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
HELP US TO ENSURE WE HOLD ACCURATE INFORMATION
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address.
YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
UPDATING OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
This Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time so we recommend you review the information on our website on a regular basis.